In October 2007, David S. Mercer and Lucia Anna "Pia" Trigiani, two of Virginia's leading authorities on common interest community associations, opened the doors of MercerTrigiani, a boutique real estate law firm in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Since then, they have worked with builders, developers, and hundreds of community associations across the Commonwealth and the District of Columbia and continue to be leaders in the field.
MercerTrigiani provides comprehensive legal services supporting the administration, operation, and governance of common interest communities across Virginia and the District of Columbia. Our mission is to deliver the highest caliber of corporate, litigation, and public policy legal counsel to our clients. Our team of attorneys and office staff are committed to supporting our clients with their legal needs, including:
- Supporting, training and guiding governing boards;
- Drafting and amending governing documents;
- Drafting and enforcing association rules and regulations;
- Assessment collections;
- Transitioning control of communities from developers to the members; and
- Advocating legislation on behalf of our clients.